    Application or services""

    Please Help me. And this is the first time i am using this discussion Forum.
    how i will access the reply.
    Rahul, Feb 19, 2007

  2. Rahul

    Mark Nelson Guest

    Rahul,

    This error occurs primarily due to one of the following reasons
    1. IIS installed after Visual Studio .NET is installed.
    2. ASPNET Account removed / doesnt have sufficient permissions.
    3. Script Mappings not updated in the IIS

    Resolution
    -------------
    Reinstall the aspnet user account. To do that, type the following from your
    command prompt:-

    %windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_regiis.exe -i

    the above is based on .net 1.1 version (Visual Studio .NET 2003). For other
    versions, just change the version number.

    The following link has more details
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555132

    --
    Thanks & Regards,