Cant access ASP.NET Services

Rahul

While i try to create new ASP.NET Web Services This message appears:-

""Visual Studio.Net has detected that the specified web server is not
running ASP.NET Version 1.1. You will be unable to run ASP.NET Web
Application or services""

Please Help me. And this is the first time i am using this discussion Forum.
how i will access the reply.

Mark Nelson

Rahul,

This error occurs primarily due to one of the following reasons
1. IIS installed after Visual Studio .NET is installed.
2. ASPNET Account removed / doesnt have sufficient permissions.
3. Script Mappings not updated in the IIS

Resolution
Reinstall the aspnet user account. To do that, type the following from your
command prompt:-

%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_regiis.exe -i

the above is based on .net 1.1 version (Visual Studio .NET 2003). For other
versions, just change the version number.

The following link has more details
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555132