Can't access control created in Calendar 'DayRender' event

champagne.supernova1974

Hi

Can anyone help with a quick question?

I am adding a textbox into each "day" cell of a calendar control, by
using the following code in the DayRender event:

Protected Sub Calendar1_DayRender(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e
As System.Web.UI.WebControls.DayRenderEventArgs) Handles
Calendar1.DayRender
If Not e.Day.IsOtherMonth Then
Dim txtDayCell As New TextBox
txtDayCell.ID = "txtMonth" & e.Day.DayNumberText
e.Cell.Controls.Add(txtDayCell)
End If
End Sub

My problem is that when I then try to access the textbox value in
PageLoad, I get an 'Object reference not set to an instance of an
object' error at the line I've highlighted in my 'test' code below

System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load

Dim txtMonth1 As New TextBox
txtMonth1 = Page.FindControl("txtMonth1")

Dim Button1 As New Button
Button1 = Page.FindControl("Button1")

If Me.IsPostBack Then
Button1.Text = txtMonth1.Text **** Error is thrown here
*****
End If

End Sub

I suspect I've not quite got my timing right with the page lifecycle
side of this - could anyone suggest how I can access the textboxes in
the calendar cells. from a postback?

Many thanks for your help guys.

Mark