Cant access http://cheeseshop.python.org/ or wiki

cyb

For some reason I can ping these two sites fine, but when I try to go to
them I cannot get to them. Normal python.org homepage works just fine.
This is preventing me from getting setuptools and using pyOpenGL =(

I'm using COmcast in savannah, GA

John Machin

For some reason I can ping these two sites fine, but when I try to go to
them I cannot get to them. Normal python.org homepage works just fine.
This is preventing me from getting setuptools and using pyOpenGL =(

I'm using COmcast in savannah, GA

FWIW: Same story for me with the cheeseshop; I'm in Australia.
Possibilities: (a) it's become a a Norwegian blue cheeseshop (b) it's
Lent; try fishshop.python.org

Steve Holden

John said:
FWIW: Same story for me with the cheeseshop; I'm in Australia.
Possibilities: (a) it's become a a Norwegian blue cheeseshop (b) it's
Lent; try fishshop.python.org
The wiki's been bashed by spiders today. The offending IP addresses have
now been filtered out and service should be back to normal.

regards
Steve

rweth

cyb said:
For some reason I can ping these two sites fine, but when I try to go to
them I cannot get to them. Normal python.org homepage works just fine.
This is preventing me from getting setuptools and using pyOpenGL =(

I'm using COmcast in savannah, GA

"It's the finest cheese shop in these parts sir"
"And what leads you to that conclusion"
"well it's so clean sir"
"well it's certainly uncontaminated by cheese!"

Prey out of curiosity .. any idea where the spiders came from?
I too noticed an issue downloading mechanize last night.