Can't access the COM+ Context from a VB6 Component on SBS 2003

Elie Grouchko

Hi All

I am not sure if thie is an ASP issue or a SBS 2003 one (Small Business
Server 2003).

Help will be much appreciated.

I am creating a VB6 COM component (DLL) on a Win2K computer.

The component is installed as a COM+ component on a SBS 2003 server.

The Client is a classic ASP website.

When I test the component on Win2K it runs properly.

When I try to run it on the SBS I can't create it as a COM+ object or as a
COM object (with either the New statement or the CreateObject() function
from VB).

I tried several changes and realised that if I removed the reference to the
COM+ Services (comsvcs.dll) and the ASP object library (asp.dll) then the
component can be created as a COM object (I still can't create it as a COM+
object but I suspect that this is a configuration issue).

Should I be aware of any issue related to runing VB6 COM+ components on SBS
2003?

Thanks

Elie Grouchko