Can't add Web Reference if using HTTPS

MikeL

Hello.

I've deployed a WS onto a server on my network. I can add a web reference to
my WinForms app if I specify http, but if I use https I get the following
error:

An unhandled exception of type 'System.Net.WebException' occurred in
system.dll

Additional information: The underlying connection was closed: Unable to
connect to the remote server.

SSL is working on this machine because you cannot connect to it using HTTP
when you're outside of the firewall (I'm inside the firewall).

I'm using XP Professional SP2.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

MikeL

Hi, Keenan. Thanks for the response.

Yes, I can get to the WSDL in IE.

I succeeded at adding a web reference to a Winform project at my home, which
is outside of the firewall. It seems that I cannot add a web reference if
I'm inside the firewall, like at work. I've added the site to my Trusted
Zone in IE.

It's really strange.

Any additional thoughts?

Thanks again,

Mike

MikeL

Hi again, Keenan.

I figured it out. It was our proxy server. I had to add the site to my
"Local Intranet" zone and select the "bypass proxy" box on the
connections/Lan setting tab.

Thanks again,

Mike

Keenan Newton

That will do it by default the setting you have setup with IE are the
same ones that .Net uses.