    uploaded the file. and the final result was different from BOTH the preview
    and what i saw.

    like, what they hey?

    Dwayne, Feb 25, 2004

  2. Dwayne

    SpaceGirl Guest

    "Dwayne" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > i can't believe after so many versions, Macromedia still hasn't got
    > DreamweaverMX working like a true wysiwyg. i just did up a web page,

    turned
    > on the preview and the preview looked different from what i saw. then i
    > uploaded the file. and the final result was different from BOTH the

    preview
    > and what i saw.
    >
    > like, what they hey?

    In MX2004 you can tell it not to touch your formating...

    SpaceGirl, Feb 25, 2004

  3. Dwayne

    Spartanicus Guest

    "Dwayne" <> wrote:

    >i can't believe after so many versions, Macromedia still hasn't got
    >DreamweaverMX working like a true wysiwyg. i just did up a web page, turned
    >on the preview and the preview looked different from what i saw. then i
    >uploaded the file. and the final result was different from BOTH the preview
    >and what i saw.

    That does not point to a problem with DW, it points to a problem with
    your understanding of how the web works. There is no such thing as
    WYSIWYG web authoring.

    --
    Spartanicus

    Spartanicus, Feb 25, 2004
  4. Toby A Inkster, Feb 25, 2004
  5. Dwayne

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > > MX2004

    > Macromedia crack me up...
    > http://www.macromedia.com/help/en_us/flash_app_requirements.html
    > | Your browser (Opera) is not supported by macromedia.com.

    I have no problem with a site telling you that you need certain things
    to use the site. The site makes a choice, and you make a choice. You
    can either do what is required, or you can leave.

    If enough people leave, then they will change or go out of business. It
    is a pretty simple concept really.

    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com

    Whitecrest, Feb 26, 2004
  6. Whitecrest wrote:

    > In article <>,
    > says...
    >> > MX2004

    >> Macromedia crack me up...
    >> http://www.macromedia.com/help/en_us/flash_app_requirements.html
    >> | Your browser (Opera) is not supported by macromedia.com.

    > I have no problem with a site telling you that you need certain things
    > to use the site.

    The fact is though: you don't. I've not found anything on macromedia.com
    that won't work with Opera.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby A Inkster, Feb 26, 2004
  7. Toby A Inkster wrote:
    > Whitecrest wrote:
    >

    >>In article <>,
    >> says...

    >>>Macromedia crack me up...
    >>>http://www.macromedia.com/help/en_us/flash_app_requirements.html

    >>I have no problem with a site telling you that you need certain things
    >>to use the site.

    > The fact is though: you don't. I've not found anything on macromedia.com
    > that won't work with Opera.

    What, you maliciously invaded their site with an illegal browser? Don't
    come crying to us when they sue you for violating their TOS ;-).

    Matthias

    Matthias Gutfeldt, Feb 26, 2004
  8. Dwayne

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > >> Macromedia crack me up...
    > >> http://www.macromedia.com/help/en_us/flash_app_requirements.html

    > > I have no problem with a site telling you that you need certain things
    > > to use the site.

    > The fact is though: you don't. I've not found anything on macromedia.com
    > that won't work with Opera.

    Oh well, I am pretty sure that Macromedia knows this. And if they
    thought it effected their business they would change it. But they
    obviously dont.

    In retaliation you can tell everyone how sucky Flash and Macromedia is.

    That will teach them a lesson.

    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com

    Whitecrest, Feb 26, 2004
  9. While the city slept, Dwayne <> feverishly typed:

    > i can't believe after so many versions, Macromedia still hasn't got
    > DreamweaverMX working like a true wysiwyg. i just did up a web page,
    > turned on the preview and the preview looked different from what i
    > saw. then i uploaded the file. and the final result was different
    > from BOTH the preview and what i saw.

    As Spartanicus said, the web is not the best place to expect wysiwyg to
    work. wysi*n*wyg in a variety of browsers. I have found, though, that MX2004
    renders CSS layouts much better than DW4 did!

    I would say my main gripe with it is that it still doesn't have the
    functionality to produce and maintain a site map page. IIRC
    <spit>Frontpage</spit> had that feature in the 98 version!

    Cheers,
    Nige

    --
    Nigel Moss.