Can't browse pages w/ .ASPX code

Corey Putzier via .NET 247

We just set up a new Windows 2003 Standard Server. Ran allWindowsUpdates.
IIS is installed and we registered ASP.net exentions (v1.1.4322)in IIS6. They show up as registered in IIS.
I configured IIS site to a proper folder where all the web sitefiles and code files reside.
In IIS I expand the site I'm working on (the only site running onthis server) and see the default.htm page on the right handside. When I click to Browse this file, I get an ERROR 404 -Page cannot be found error. This error is showing up in theleft and ride side frames that are provdided via the default.htmfile. The code in this file points to a valid path within theroot website directory.
If I open Windows "Explorer" and find these files I can view theframes and the aspx web coding in the center frame. But when Ibrowse through IIS I get the 404 error. Permissions lookcorrect.

NOTE: This website directory was copied from another productionWIn2003 web server. So the coding and structures are correct.

Any suggestions. We need to fix this JUST to continue working onan open case w/ Microsoft team.\

Help!
Thank you in advance,
Corey

Mark Rae

Any suggestions.

1) Is IIS actually running? It's just a service like any other, and can be
stopped just as easily. Pop a command prompt and run "net start w3svc"
obviously without the quotes.

2) Assuming IIS is running, is there some reference in your web.config,
global.aspx or homepage which is inaccessible from the new server? You can
check by creating an extremely simple HTML page and browing that, e.g.

<head>
</head>
Hello world

Call it test.htm, place it in the root of your virtual directory, then try
to browse it in IIS Manager. If this works, it's your web app, not IIS,
which is at fault.

3) Can you browse the virtual root of the server itself?