    --------------------------------
    From: Corey Putzier

    -----------------------

    <Id>tv/ov0Y/h0eBmqTjE05Bow==</Id>

    Corey Putzier via .NET 247, Aug 10, 2004

  2. Corey Putzier via .NET 247

    Mark Rae Guest

    "Corey Putzier via .NET 247" <> wrote in message

    Any suggestions.

    1) Is IIS actually running? It's just a service like any other, and can be
    stopped just as easily. Pop a command prompt and run "net start w3svc"
    obviously without the quotes.

    2) Assuming IIS is running, is there some reference in your web.config,
    global.aspx or homepage which is inaccessible from the new server? You can
    check by creating an extremely simple HTML page and browing that, e.g.

    <head>
    </head>
    Hello world

    Call it test.htm, place it in the root of your virtual directory, then try
    to browse it in IIS Manager. If this works, it's your web app, not IIS,
    which is at fault.

    3) Can you browse the virtual root of the server itself?

    Mark Rae, Aug 10, 2004