Can't browse with mobile device

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Mobile' started by Ferry Luck via .NET 247, Mar 13, 2005.

  1. (Type your message here)

    --------------------------------
    From: Ferry Luck
    Hi
    I'm new in .NET mobile
    I have write ASP.NET code and upload to web hosting(brinkster0
    I have a problem when i try to browse from Mobile Device(Nokia 3100,Siemens M55)
    It's always occur error, can't link to another page/card/deck or submit someting.
    But if i browse with IE or Pocket PC 2002 emulator, it's always success and no error.
    Maybe someone can help me.
    thank you adn i'm sorry for my bad english language

    -----------------------

    <Id>xG89FxdN8UmWABh+T1ytpQ==</Id>

    Ferry Luck via .NET 247, Mar 13, 2005

  2. Both Nokia & M55 are not supported by ASP.NET.
    i.e. they do not have a profile in the machine.config file.
    If you want to work with these devices you need to create the profile
    yourself,
    and add it to the <browserCaps> secation, either in the machine.config file
    or in the web.config file of your application.
    You will have to read the documention to find out exactly which settings are
    appropriate for these devices.
    try looking at http://www.asp.net/mobile/profile/default.aspx.
    This web site helps you check your mobile device and find out which settings
    are appropriate for it.
    I've added profiles for several devices (Telit,Nokia6360,samsung
    SGHX450,Telit)
    But it trial and error(basically you create the proifle and then play around
    with the settings and see how it looks on the device).
    And now I'm trying to add a profile for Nokia3100.
    I've managed to create a profile that works with wml12, but does not display
    color.
    the Nokia3100 supports xhtml, but I could not get it to work with ASP.NET
    (I get "invalid length for Base-64 char array" error when clicking on a link).

    A pity Microsoft stopped issuing Device Updates (the last one was on
    12/2003!).
    Hope this helps,
    Nadav

    Nadav Popplewell, Mar 25, 2005