    179" when I try to send an email message.... Anyone have any ideas what
    could be going on? I reinstalled Net::Mail, but that didn't make a
    difference.

    Don O'Neil, Oct 5, 2006

  2. Don O'Neil <> wrote:

    > Until last night, my CascadeSoft w3mail webmail program was working
    > perfectly, now this morning, after a server crash,

    Have you determined what caused the crash?

    A common cause of server crashing is being cracked, and Googling
    shows that this program is an open invitation to crackers...

    Have you contacted the author of the program for support?

    > I'm getting the
    > error "The SMTP server responded: Can't call method "mail" on an
    > undefined value at
    > /var/shc/servers/lizardhill.com/root/webmail/cgi/sendmessage.cgi line
    > 179" when I try to send an email message.... Anyone have any ideas what
    > could be going on?

    Maybe a bad guy is exploiting your insecure site.

    Apart from that, the problem is that you are attempting to call
    a method on an undefined value at line 179.

    Go look at that line and see what values might be undefined, then
    trace them back to figure out where they are getting that value.

    --
    Tad McClellan SGML consulting
    Perl programming

    Tad McClellan, Oct 5, 2006