Can't call method "mail" - w3mail/cascade soft broken

Don O'Neil

Until last night, my CascadeSoft w3mail webmail program was working
perfectly, now this morning, after a server crash, I'm getting the
error "The SMTP server responded: Can't call method "mail" on an
undefined value at
/var/shc/servers/lizardhill.com/root/webmail/cgi/sendmessage.cgi line
179" when I try to send an email message.... Anyone have any ideas what
could be going on? I reinstalled Net::Mail, but that didn't make a
difference.

Tad McClellan

Don O'Neil said:
Until last night, my CascadeSoft w3mail webmail program was working
perfectly, now this morning, after a server crash,

Have you determined what caused the crash?

A common cause of server crashing is being cracked, and Googling
shows that this program is an open invitation to crackers...

Have you contacted the author of the program for support?

I'm getting the
error "The SMTP server responded: Can't call method "mail" on an
undefined value at
/var/shc/servers/lizardhill.com/root/webmail/cgi/sendmessage.cgi line
179" when I try to send an email message.... Anyone have any ideas what
could be going on?

Maybe a bad guy is exploiting your insecure site.

Apart from that, the problem is that you are attempting to call
a method on an undefined value at line 179.

Go look at that line and see what values might be undefined, then
trace them back to figure out where they are getting that value.