Can't call method "uri" on an undefined value

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by chad phillips, Sep 15, 2003.

  1. I am trying to get Auth::Cookie to work and keep getting this error?

    Can't call method "uri" on an undefined value at /path/login.pl line
    6.

    This is on a solaris box, with Apache 1.3.28.

    The code is pretty straight forward:
    #!/usr/bin/perl

    use CGI qw:)standard :html3);
    my $r = Apache->request;
    $r->status(200);
    my $uri = $r->prev->uri;

    print redirect("http://mydomain.org/cgi-bin/askforsurvey.pl?uri=$uri");

    This same script works just fine on my test machine, but not on my
    production box. My guess is that something in the environment/apache
    compile is different. Does anyone have any pointers as to where I
    should look to fix this problem?

    thanks
    chad

    chad phillips, Sep 15, 2003