    update.

    Do you have any idea what could possible cause this?

    Thanks

    _Who, Aug 23, 2008

  2. _Who

    Riki Guest

    _Who wrote:
    > I spent all day yesterday trying different things.
    >
    > Something has happened so I can't change font size.
    >
    > I have a table and in the first cell I have only text.
    >
    > I tried using the cell's Style to change the font size.
    > I tried using the cell's attribute to change the font size.
    > I tried adding a paragraph element and doing the above to it.
    > Removed all font sizes from Body, Table...
    > Used IE and Localhost to view.
    > I change the text and the new text shows so I know I'm seeing the
    > latest update.
    >
    > Do you have any idea what could possible cause this?
    >
    > Thanks

    Can you show us some code?

    --

    Riki

    Riki, Aug 23, 2008

  3. _Who

    _Who Guest

    "Riki" <> wrote in message
    > _Who wrote:
    >> I spent all day yesterday trying different things.
    >>
    >> Something has happened so I can't change font size.
    >>
    >> I have a table and in the first cell I have only text.
    >>
    >> I tried using the cell's Style to change the font size.
    >> I tried using the cell's attribute to change the font size.
    >> I tried adding a paragraph element and doing the above to it.
    >> Removed all font sizes from Body, Table...
    >> Used IE and Localhost to view.
    >> I change the text and the new text shows so I know I'm seeing the
    >> latest update.
    >>
    >> Do you have any idea what could possible cause this?
    >>
    >> Thanks

    > Can you show us some code?
    >
    > --
    >
    > Riki

    I was just too timid and didn't see the change from 12 to 18 pt.

    I just tried 8 and 28 pt. So there is really no problem here.

    While looking for something that controlled font size I noticed that I have
    in my .css file:

    font-size: 12pt !important;

    text-decoration: none;

    color: green !important;

    background-color: maroon !important;

    }

    I also have entries for a.hover a.link ...

    What does the plain "a" shown above do. I find no effect.

    Thanks

    _Who, Aug 23, 2008
  4. _Who

    Riki Guest

    _Who wrote:
    > "Riki" <> wrote in message
    >> _Who wrote:
    >>> I spent all day yesterday trying different things.
    >>>
    >>> Something has happened so I can't change font size.
    >>>
    >>> I have a table and in the first cell I have only text.
    >>>
    >>> I tried using the cell's Style to change the font size.
    >>> I tried using the cell's attribute to change the font size.
    >>> I tried adding a paragraph element and doing the above to it.
    >>> Removed all font sizes from Body, Table...
    >>> Used IE and Localhost to view.
    >>> I change the text and the new text shows so I know I'm seeing the
    >>> latest update.
    >>>
    >>> Do you have any idea what could possible cause this?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks

    >> Can you show us some code?
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Riki
    >>

    > I was just too timid and didn't see the change from 12 to 18 pt.
    >
    > I just tried 8 and 28 pt. So there is really no problem here.
    >
    > While looking for something that controlled font size I noticed that
    > I have in my .css file:

    > {
    >
    > font-size: 12pt !important;
    >
    > text-decoration: none;
    >
    > color: green !important;
    >
    > background-color: maroon !important;
    >
    > }
    >
    > I also have entries for a.hover a.link ...
    >
    > What does the plain "a" shown above do. I find no effect.
    >
    > Thanks

    The a means that the style should be applied to all <a> tags (anchor tags).
    Add a link to your page and you will see the effect.

    --

    Riki

    Riki, Aug 23, 2008
  5. _Who

    _Who Guest

    "Riki" <> wrote in message
    > _Who wrote:
    >> "Riki" <> wrote in message

    >>> Can you show us some code?
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>>
    >>> Riki
    >>>

    >> I was just too timid and didn't see the change from 12 to 18 pt.
    >>
    >> I just tried 8 and 28 pt. So there is really no problem here.
    >>
    >> While looking for something that controlled font size I noticed that
    >> I have in my .css file:

    >> {
    >>
    >> font-size: 12pt !important;
    >>
    >> text-decoration: none;
    >>
    >> color: green !important;
    >>
    >> background-color: maroon !important;
    >>
    >> }
    >>
    >> I also have entries for a.hover a.link ...
    >>
    >> What does the plain "a" shown above do. I find no effect.
    >>
    >> Thanks

    > The a means that the style should be applied to all <a> tags (anchor
    > tags).
    > Add a link to your page and you will see the effect.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Riki

    I don't see the effect. I think the a.hover a.link ... covers it.
    I never see green text (as the "a" entry specifies)
    Maybe if I didn't have the other the effect would show.
    I'll try that.

    Thanks

    _Who, Aug 23, 2008
  6. _Who

    _Who Guest

    "_Who" <> wrote in message

    > "Riki" <> wrote in message
    >> _Who wrote:
    >>> "Riki" <> wrote in message

    >>> I was just too timid and didn't see the change from 12 to 18 pt.
    >>>
    >>> I just tried 8 and 28 pt. So there is really no problem here.
    >>>
    >>> While looking for something that controlled font size I noticed that
    >>> I have in my .css file:

    >>> {
    >>>
    >>> font-size: 12pt !important;
    >>>
    >>> text-decoration: none;
    >>>
    >>> color: green !important;
    >>>
    >>> background-color: maroon !important;
    >>>
    >>> }
    >>>
    >>> I also have entries for a.hover a.link ...
    >>>
    >>> What does the plain "a" shown above do. I find no effect.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks

    >> The a means that the style should be applied to all <a> tags (anchor
    >> tags).
    >> Add a link to your page and you will see the effect.
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Riki
    >>

    > I don't see the effect. I think the a.hover a.link ... covers it.
    > I never see green text (as the "a" entry specifies)
    > Maybe if I didn't have the other the effect would show.
    > I'll try that.
    >
    > Thanks

    That's what happens. Without the other definitions, a.hover a.link ...,
    the plain "a" definition is used for hover, link...

    They all so up as green.

    But combined with the a.hover a.link ... definitions, the plain "a" has
    no effect

    _Who, Aug 24, 2008