Can't change mode in FormView

staeri

I have a FormView with DefaultMode="Insert".

I want to change this to DefaultMode="Edit" with code but this doesn't
work. It's still in insert mode. I've used the following code:

Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As
System.EventArgs)
FormView1.ChangeMode(FormViewMode.Edit)
FormView1.DefaultMode = FormViewMode.Edit
End Sub

What is wrong? If I change to DefaultMode="Edit" manually in the aspx
file it works but not with code.

Very grateful for fast help!

Regards,

staeri

When I change to the following code it works:

Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As
System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load
If (Not IsPostBack) Then
If Len(Request.QueryString("Mode")) > 0 Then
FormView1.ChangeMode(FormViewMode.Edit)
FormView1.DefaultMode = FormViewMode.Edit
End If
End If
End Sub

What does Handles Me.Load do?

Regards,

Christopher Reed

Handles Me.Load actually causes your Page_Load method to execute. That was
your problem earlier when you couldn't change values.

staeri

But I've user Page_Load in other situations before without the Me.Load
and everything has been executed then.

Should Me.Load always be used?

Christopher Reed

It may have something to do with the AutoEventWireup attribute in the @Page
directive. Since I'm a C# programmer, I'm not really sure, but I'll
research it and reply back (unless a VB guru can respond faster).