    the compile completes sucessfully.

    Any ideas on how to get arround this?

    /watson
    Thomas Watson Steen, Oct 2, 2004

  2. Thomas Watson Steen

    Tintin Guest

    Re: Can't compile (perlcc) both Net::FTP and Config::IniFiles at the same time

    "Thomas Watson Steen" <> wrote in message
    >I am using Cygwin on a Windows XP box. I'm running perlcc from the Cygwin
    >shell. I am using perl v5.8.5 built for cygwin-thread-multi-64int. The
    >command I am executing to compile is "perlcc -o tst.exe tst.pl".
    >
    > When trying to compile a perl file only containing the following two use
    > statements the compiler (perlcc) just runs for what seems forever (filling
    > up huge amounts of memory):
    >
    > use Net::FTP;
    > use Config::IniFiles;
    >
    > When compiling a file the only contains one of the above use statements
    > the compile completes sucessfully.
    >
    > Any ideas on how to get arround this?

    Notice the documentation for perlcc says:

    The code generated in this way is not guaranteed to work. The whole
    codegen suite ("perlcc" included) should be considered very
    experimen-
    tal. Use for production purposes is strongly discouraged.
    Tintin, Oct 3, 2004

  3. Thomas Watson Steen

    Sisyphus Guest

    Thomas Watson Steen wrote:

    > Any ideas on how to get arround this?

    Yes - use the PAR module's pp utility instead of perlcc.

    Cheers,
    Rob

    Sisyphus, Oct 3, 2004
  4. Re: Can't compile (perlcc) both Net::FTP and Config::IniFiles atthe same time

    Sisyphus wrote:
    > Thomas Watson Steen wrote:
    >

    >> Any ideas on how to get arround this?
    >>

    > Yes - use the PAR module's pp utility instead of perlcc.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Rob

    Thank you. I'll try pp instead. For the moment I have some problems
    doing a make test on pp though, but I hope I can around that one with
    some further reseach :)

    Thnx again :)

    /watson
    Thomas Watson Steen, Oct 3, 2004
  5. Thomas Watson Steen

    Sisyphus Guest

    Thomas Watson Steen wrote:
    > Sisyphus wrote:
    >
    >> Thomas Watson Steen wrote:
    >>

    >>> Any ideas on how to get arround this?
    >>>

    >> Yes - use the PAR module's pp utility instead of perlcc.
    >>
    >> Cheers,
    >> Rob
    >>

    > Thank you. I'll try pp instead. For the moment I have some problems
    > doing a make test on pp though, but I hope I can around that one with
    > some further reseach :)
    >
    > Thnx again :)
    >
    > /watson

    There's a PAR mailing list - which is an excellent source of help (if
    you need it). See http://lists.perl.org for details.

    Cheers,
    Rob

    Sisyphus, Oct 4, 2004