Can't connect to local machine with anything except IE Other browsers can't connect without password

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Otis Mukinfus, Jul 8, 2005.

  1. Otis Mukinfus, Jul 8, 2005

  2. Can try explaining your scenario in details
    Patrick

    Patrick.O.Ige, Jul 8, 2005

  3. On Fri, 8 Jul 2005 11:08:35 +1000, "Patrick.O.Ige" <>
    wrote:

    >Can try explaining your scenario in details
    >Patrick
    >"Otis Mukinfus" <> wrote in message
    >> What to do to fix this??
    >> Otis Mukinfus
    >> http://www.otismukinfus.com

    Yes.

    When I navigate to my localhost root web with Netscape, Opera or FireFox I am
    presented with a login dialog box requesting login information. When navigating
    to the same root web on localhost with Internet Explorer, there is no dialog box
    presented and IE connects to and displays the root web properly.

    In the Event viewer (in Computer Management) in the System viewer gives the
    following error The server was unable to logon the Windows NT account
    'IUSER_MACHINENAME' due to the following error: Logon failure: unknown user name
    or bad password.

    The IUSER account is set up with read/execute permissions as it should be.

    I know it's a problem with permissions, but why would it work with IE and not
    the other browsers. Do you have any advice as to how this can be remedied or
    how to effectively troubleshoot this problem?

    Many Thanks

    Otis Mukinfus
    http://www.otismukinfus.com

    Otis Mukinfus, Jul 8, 2005
  4. More info is needed.

    What operating system are you using ?

    Which version of IIS ?

    Which version of ASP.NET ?
    Are you impersonating the ASP.NET account ?

    Is the site setup for anonymous access ?

    Do you require authentication ?
    If you do, what type of authentication are you using ?
    Forms ? Windows ? Integrated ? Basic ? Digest ?

    We need more info to be able to help you.

    Juan T. Llibre
    ASP.NET MVP
    http://asp.net.do/foros/
    Foros de ASP.NET en EspaƱol