Can't connect to SQL Server in an IIS web application after installing Visual Studio 2005

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by sim0n, Mar 16, 2006.

  1. sim0n

    sim0n Guest

    Hi there,

    I have a problem connecting to SQL Server from within both 1.1 and 2.0
    web apps on IIS. The strange thing is, if i create a file system
    website, the database code works without a problem (or the same code in
    a console app even).

    The error message I get is:

    An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.
    When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the
    fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote
    connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not
    open a connection to SQL Server)

    I don't even have SQL Server 2005 installed on this machine, i even
    removed SQL Server express and it still doesn't want to play. Has
    anyone come across this problem before?

    Any help greatly appreciated.

    sim0n.
    sim0n, Mar 16, 2006