Can't create ASP.Net apps in VB 2003

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by John Howard, Jun 3, 2004.

  1. John Howard

    John Howard Guest

    When I attempt to create an ASP.Net application in VB 2003, I get the
    message "Visual Studio .Net has detected that the web server is running
    ASP.Net Version 1.0". I have tried the following:

    1) Uninstall VB, the Framework, and IIS; then reinstall in order: IIS,
    Framework, VB.

    2) Run C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_regiis.exe
    with the following options:

    a. -ua (uninstall all)

    b. -I (install this version)

    c. -lv (list versions) showed version 1.1.4322.0

    I have noticed that on a machine that works, the size (START | CONTROL PANEL
    | ADD OR REMOVE PROGRAMS) that Framework 1.1 is 37.07 MB, while on the
    failing machine, Framework 1.1 is 40.42 MB. Don't know if this is
    significant.

    I have spent upwards of 40 man-hours on this problem to date. Any help
    and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks again,

    John

    John Howard, Jun 3, 2004

  2. John Howard

    Arne Janning Guest

    John Howard wrote:

    > When I attempt to create an ASP.Net application in VB 2003, I get the
    > message "Visual Studio .Net has detected that the web server is running
    > ASP.Net Version 1.0". I have tried the following:
    >
    > 1) Uninstall VB, the Framework, and IIS; then reinstall in order: IIS,
    > Framework, VB.
    >
    > 2) Run C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_regiis.exe
    > with the following options:
    >
    > a. -ua (uninstall all)
    >
    > b. -I (install this version)
    >
    > c. -lv (list versions) showed version 1.1.4322.0
    >
    > I have noticed that on a machine that works, the size (START | CONTROL PANEL
    > | ADD OR REMOVE PROGRAMS) that Framework 1.1 is 37.07 MB, while on the
    > failing machine, Framework 1.1 is 40.42 MB. Don't know if this is
    > significant.
    >

    > I have spent upwards of 40 man-hours on this problem to date. Any help
    > and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

    Hi John,

    this small tool might help:
    http://www.aspitalia.com/servizi/risorse/redir.aspx?ID=275

    Cheers

    Arne Janning

    Arne Janning, Jun 3, 2004

  3. "John Howard" <> wrote in message

    > When I attempt to create an ASP.Net application in VB 2003

    Please do not crosspost questions between .NET and non-.NET groups. The
    *.vb.* groups are for VB6 and earlier. The *.dotnet.* groups are for .NET.

    Jeff Johnson [MVP: VB], Jun 3, 2004