    Server Error'.

    We've run the aspnet_regiis -i with no luck. The Windows 2003 has a fresh
    install of the OS. Any thoughts? Thanks.

    dw, Nov 11, 2004

  2. Is Front Page Extensions Enabled?
    Have you ever been able to pull up a asp.net page on the 2003 server?

    =?Utf-8?B?VGFtcGEgLk5FVCBLb2Rlcg==?=, Nov 11, 2004

  3. dw

    dw Guest

    Thanks for your reply. How can we tell if FP Extensions are installed and
    enabled? If it's not there, how do we install them?

    Also, we're developing the apps on our local machines and running them on
    the server; does the server need to have VS 2003 installed? We've never run
    an ASP.NET page from this server.

    "Tampa .NET Koder" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    dw, Nov 11, 2004
  4. From memory to check whether Front Page Extensions are insalled you can
    either to go add and remove windows components and look in the details
    section of IIS and see if its checked. If so, then it is installed. Also,
    using IIS Manager right click on the Default Web Site and choose all task,
    and see if its giving you the option to enable Front Page extensions,if so
    then enable it. Do a google search or msnsearch to get some more info

    If you are developing locally, then what I would suggest is that you work on
    your project on yourlocal IIS server first (if you have one installed) and
    create a project there. So it will be:

    http://localhost/dasapps/WebApplication1

    Then to deploy your project you can selet the project in Visual Studio and
    go to the project menu and select copy project. This will deploy your
    applicaiton to the server specified.

    =?Utf-8?B?VGFtcGEgLk5FVCBLb2Rlcg==?=, Nov 11, 2004
  5. dw

    Jeff Dillon Guest

    No, you don't want to create a project on the server if you just want to run
    your .NET application there. I suggest using the Copy Project menu item
    from the Project menu

    Jeff

    Jeff Dillon, Nov 11, 2004
  6. dw

    dw Guest

    Thank you for the information, everybody. We didn't know we could use the
    Copy Project for deployment. By the way, is it safe to have FP Extensions
    enabled on a Web server? I've heard they could be a point of vulnerability
    on a machine. Thanks.

    dw, Nov 11, 2004