Cant debug in XP Pro but can in Win 2K help

dee

Hi

I am running .NET 1.0 on an Windows XP Pro and cant debug my VB web
application.
I get the following error message:
"Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web
server. Access is denied.
Would you like to disable future attempts to debug ASP.NET pages for
this
prject?"
I had this problem in Windows 2K pro but was had resolved with running the
following commands:
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\aspnet_regiis.exe -r
regsvr32 C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\aspnet_isapi.dll
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\aspnet_regiis.exe -i
This doesn't work in XP Pro.
Greatly apprecitate any help.
Dee

TDAVISJR

1). Do you have .net 2.0 beta installed?
2). Do you have a debug="true" in your web.config file?
3). Is your project set up as a virutal directory?
4). Is your login ID a member of the vs debuggers group?

Hopefully, this points you in the right area

dee

Hi

No to 1 and yes to others.
I reran the command and its working now.
Thanks for your help.
I alwasy wondered if everyone had to run those commands to be able to debug
ASPNET why there isnt any mention of that in the litterature. But that's not
unusual.
Good luck to you
Dee.