Can't debug my ASP .NET web application

Jose Luis

Hi there!

I'm newby in ASP .NET programming but I think this is a common problem. I
have already searched for a fix, but the solutions I was proposed just
didn't work.

Running the application (Ctrl+F5) just works fine, so it seems it is
correctly installed on IIS, but when I try to debug it (F5) I always get the
same error message: the application is not configured to be debugged.

I have checked that web.config is right (it contains the element
debug="true"). The user account ASPNET has enough permissions (VS developer
and debug user) and I have even given it administrator permissions. My own
account belongs to the administrators account and also belongs to the VS
developer and debug user accounts.

What else can I try? Does anybody knows anything else I can do to solve
this problem?

Thanks in advance.

John F

Hi Jose,

Create a web application by going into IIS right click your web folder ->
properties. Next to application name, click create (and give it a name).
Click configuration and gclick on the debugging tab. Enable both and then
try debugging.

Hope it helps.

Regards
John