    Secondly, how does one uninstall it? There's no obvious uninstall and,
    if it's not useful, I would like to remove it, please...
    Thank you!

    Just Another Victim of the Ambient Morality, Jul 20, 2006

  2. > First, how does one actually debug with Ruby in Steel?

    Breakpoints are available for Ruby programs (not for Rails). You simply
    double-click in the margin to set breakpoints. You can set watch variables
    by drag and drop. You must run with the Visual Studio Debugger (F5) for
    breakpoints to be met. Breakpoints do not operate when you run without
    debugging (Ctrl+F5). This is true of all Visual Studio languages. You can
    also step into and step over when using F5 followed by F10 or F11. Full
    debugging and tracing with breakpoints, watches, call stack, locals and
    autos will then be available.

    > breakpoints and run the script but the breakpoints are never set even
    > though the code is run. What's up with that?
    > Secondly, how does one uninstall it? There's no obvious uninstall and,

    You uninstall it using the Control Panel's Program Add/Remove option and
    select Steel. The rest is automatic.

    best wishes
    Huw Collingbourne

    http://www.sapphiresteel.com
    Ruby Programming In Visual Studio 2005

    Huw Collingbourne, Jul 20, 2006

  3. "Huw Collingbourne" <> wrote in message
    >> First, how does one actually debug with Ruby in Steel?

    > Breakpoints are available for Ruby programs (not for Rails). You simply
    > double-click in the margin to set breakpoints. You can set watch variables
    > by drag and drop. You must run with the Visual Studio Debugger (F5) for
    > breakpoints to be met. Breakpoints do not operate when you run without
    > debugging (Ctrl+F5). This is true of all Visual Studio languages. You can
    > also step into and step over when using F5 followed by F10 or F11. Full
    > debugging and tracing with breakpoints, watches, call stack, locals and
    > autos will then be available.

    I tried that but those functions are disabled. All I can do is press
    Ctrl-2 to run the script. Seriously, they're disabled and I can't invoke
    them...
    I tried creating a project, in case that had something to do with
    anything, but it gives me the error "Value cannot be null. Parameter name:
    type" What does that mean?

    >> breakpoints and run the script but the breakpoints are never set even
    >> though the code is run. What's up with that?
    >> Secondly, how does one uninstall it? There's no obvious uninstall
    >> and,

    > You uninstall it using the Control Panel's Program Add/Remove option and
    > select Steel. The rest is automatic.

    Okay, at least I can remove the thing should it fail to ever work.
    Thank you...

    Just Another Victim of the Ambient Morality, Jul 21, 2006
  4. On 7/21/06, Just Another Victim of the Ambient Morality
    <> wrote:

    > "Huw Collingbourne" <> wrote in message
    > >> breakpoints and run the script but the breakpoints are never set even
    > >> though the code is run. What's up with that?
    > >> Secondly, how does one uninstall it? There's no obvious uninstall
    > >> and,

    > > You uninstall it using the Control Panel's Program Add/Remove option and
    > > select Steel. The rest is automatic.

    Strange, I never saw these problems. Steel worked quite well for me on VS2005.
    Which version of VS are you using?

    Les

    Leslie Viljoen, Jul 21, 2006
  5. It sounds as though you haven't installed the file projectaggregator2.msi.
    This is a file supplied by Microsoft and is required for the complete
    integration into Visual Studio of a third party languages such as Ruby. You
    will find a copy of this file in the Ruby In Steel installation Zip.Just
    double click it to install. In the current beta the installation of this
    package has to be done manually but we shall be automating it in future
    versions. You may find it useful to follow our installation guide which you
    will find on site at:

    http://www.sapphiresteel.com/Installing-Ruby-In-Steel

    best wishes
    Huw Collingbourne

    http://www.sapphiresteel.com
    Ruby Programming In Visual Studio 2005

    "Just Another Victim of the Ambient Morality" <> wrote
    in message news:ltYvg.36331$...

    Huw Collingbourne, Jul 21, 2006
  6. Just Another Victim of the Ambient Morality

    Geroge Mr Guest

    Just Another Victim of the ... Morality wrote:
    > Two points...
    > First, how does one actually debug with Ruby in Steel? I can place
    > breakpoints and run the script but the breakpoints are never set even
    > though
    > the code is run. What's up with that?
    > Secondly, how does one uninstall it? There's no obvious uninstall
    > and,
    > if it's not useful, I would like to remove it, please...
    > Thank you!

    I had the same problem and after some hard hours i realized where was
    the mistake (mr Collingbourne's mistake):

    in routes.rb i have
    map.connect ':controller/:action/:id'

    the breakpoint that was never set was in controller test_controller.rb
    when i access from the browser the address localhost:3000/Test/edit/4

    Finally I realized that the breakpoint is set if I access
    localhost:3000/test/edit/4

    (see the diference between the 2 addresses 'Test' vs 'test')

    Geroge Mr, Sep 19, 2006