Can't decide between Relations::Family and Class::DBI

Discussion in 'Perl' started by Nicolas STAMPF, May 4, 2004.

  1. Hello,

    I've just read documentation for both packages, and I can't seem to
    decide which one to use.

    I have some simple database things to do, but I'd like to have my code
    prepared for possible future complications. I'm not going to use
    Relations::Display or things like that, and I'll probably end up using
    the Template Toolkit...

    There's some other doc on Class::DBI on the net, but few (if any?) on
    Relations::Family (which is the first I stumbled accross when looking
    at CPAN).

    I'm far from being a Perl guru, just doing the basics (I'd prefer to
    'use English;' rather than $~#{#[~{[{[ things ;)

    Any help to decide? It seems to me that Class::DBI is simpler, but I
    may miss something?

    PS:

    Relations::Family is at http://search.cpan.org/~gaffer/
    Class::DBI is at http://search.cpan.org/search?query=class::dbi&mode=all