can't deploy HTML pages on TOMCAT

Ranjeeva

Hi All,

I'm trying to deploy a set of html pages on TOMCAT. These pages can be
correctly displayed under /webapps/jsp-examples/jsp2/el/ (which is a
default directory that comes with the installation). However when I try
to deploy them under a new directory (say) /webapps/foobar/
I get a "HTTP 404 The Page cannot be found" error. JSPs from this
location can be deployed successfully. This appear to be a
configuration issue. I would really appreciate it if someone could
point me in the right direction.

Many Thanks,

Ranjeeva

SigmaCrisis

Wouldn't you access them through:
localhost/foobar/

The above refers to the index.html, if you have one, in foobar.

hth.

jagonzal

Ranjeeva said:
I'm trying to deploy a set of html pages on TOMCAT. These pages can be
correctly displayed under /webapps/jsp-examples/jsp2/el/ (which is a
default directory that comes with the installation). However when I try
to deploy them under a new directory (say) /webapps/foobar/
I get a "HTTP 404 The Page cannot be found" error. JSPs from this
location can be deployed successfully. This appear to be a
configuration issue. I would really appreciate it if someone could
point me in the right direction.

You have to properly deploy them in their own web application context,
or, failing that, deploy them in tomcat's default webapp.

(i.e. copy them to /webapps/ROOT/mydir/ to access them as
http://somehost/mydir/somehtmlpage.html)