Can't diagnose time-out errors

Brad Wood

<environment>
Consuming a web service from a VS2005 beta 2 test harness on WinXP. Web
service built with VS2003 running on my machine with IIS 5X set to use
ASP.NET 1.1
</environment>

I have a web service wherein I make http calls out using the
HttpWebResponse.GetResponse method. This works fine when making these
calls normally (no threading).

I created a winforms test app and tested using the same code to make
http calls in multiple threads and tested numerous threads (50 threads
would consistently work fine).

When I incorporate that same thread code back into my web service, I get
error "System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out."

I've:
- Ensured I'm closing all necessary objects in my http code.
- Tried making adjustments to the httpRuntime config element.
- Increased the maxconnection amount in the connectionManagement config
element.
- Set the Timeout property of my HttpWebResponse object to Timeout.Infinite.
- Set the KeepAlive property of my HttpWebResponse object to false.

I'm hoping someone can suggest something else to look at...

Brad Wood

Sorry, should have checked this before even researching and posting:
all of the HttpWebResponse.GetResponse calls are returning fine in my
web service - it's just that my test app back in VS2005 times out first.
So it seems to be an issue unrelated to my web service...?

Brad Wood

Sorry, I shouldn't have posted; it's merely a matter of changing the
Timeout property on the auto-generated web service proxy object used by
my test code.