Can't display trademark symbol in javascript and aspx

mrwoopey

Hi,

On my site I have "SomeProduct™", a name with the trademark symbol, in
a javascript menu. When the page (js) was refered in classic asp it
showed the trademark symbol. Now the page is aspx (.net) and the
traemark symbol displays as a "?".

I used String.fromCharCode(153) to display the "™", but it displays a
box.

How do you display the TM in javascript and .net?

Thanks,

Phin

Douglas Crockford

On my site I have "SomeProductT", a name with the trademark symbol, in
a javascript menu. When the page (js) was refered in classic asp it
showed the trademark symbol. Now the page is aspx (.net) and the
traemark symbol displays as a "?".

I used String.fromCharCode(153) to display the "T", but it displays a
box.

tm = '\u2122';
r = '\u00AE';

That is the JavaScsript representation of Unicode characters. The client machine
still needs to have adequate fonts installed.

http://www.crockford.com