Can't even configure ruby1.8.1, eruby1.0.5

Walker Hamilton

Does anyone have _current_ info on installing Ruby, eruby, and mod_ruby
on OS X 10.3.4?

I am not even getting as far as many people.

When I do a ./configure on my ruby-1.8.1 directory, everything goes
along fine for a while but then I get this:

compiling bigdecimal
gcc -fno-common -g -O2 -pipe -fno-common -I.
-I/Users/walker/Desktop/Ruby/ruby-1.8.1
-I/Users/walker/Desktop/Ruby/ruby-1.8.1
-I/Users/walker/Desktop/Ruby/ruby-1.8.1/ext/bigdecimal -c
bigdecimal.c
cc -dynamic -bundle -undefined suppress -flat_namespace
-L"/Users/walker/Desktop/Ruby/ruby-1.8.1" -L"/usr/local/lib" -o
bigdecimal.bundle bigdecimal.o -ldl -lobjc
/usr/bin/ld: -undefined: unknown argument: -lbundle1.o
make[1]: *** [bigdecimal.bundle] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 1

And that's all she wrote.
I get this same error when I try to configure eruby.
(I already have the default ruby 1.6 on my system)

I can't find anything online about this configure error.

Any ideas?

Walker

Rando Christensen

Does anyone have _current_ info on installing Ruby, eruby, and
mod_ruby on OS X 10.3.4?

I am not even getting as far as many people.

When I do a ./configure on my ruby-1.8.1 directory, everything goes
along fine for a while but then I get this:

compiling bigdecimal
gcc -fno-common -g -O2 -pipe -fno-common -I.
-I/Users/walker/Desktop/Ruby/ruby-1.8.1
-I/Users/walker/Desktop/Ruby/ruby-1.8.1
-I/Users/walker/Desktop/Ruby/ruby-1.8.1/ext/bigdecimal -c
bigdecimal.c
cc -dynamic -bundle -undefined suppress -flat_namespace
-L"/Users/walker/Desktop/Ruby/ruby-1.8.1" -L"/usr/local/lib" -o
bigdecimal.bundle bigdecimal.o -ldl -lobjc
/usr/bin/ld: -undefined: unknown argument: -lbundle1.o
make[1]: *** [bigdecimal.bundle] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 1

Is using fink out of the question? OSX has some interesting quirks as to
how certain compile things need to be done.

If you look through fink's stuff, you should at least be able to find
patches to make your compiles at least work.

Koen Vervloesem

When I do a ./configure on my ruby-1.8.1 directory, everything goes
along fine for a while but then I get this:

When I do a ./configure --enable-shared all goes well.

Regards,

Koen