can't execute code from a freed script..

maya

hi,

I keep getting this error, "can't execute code from a freed script" when
I go to another page (i.e., upon UNLOAD..)

this error occurs only in IE, not FF (what a surprise.....;)

what is this error, pls.. it's for a site I've been working on for a
few weeks now, started getting this error just a few days ago.. (I
looked this up, saw that often this error has to do with frames, but my
site uses no frames..)

thank you very much...

VK

hi,

I keep getting this error, "can't execute code from a freed script" when
I go to another page (i.e., upon UNLOAD..)

this error occurs only in IE, not FF (what a surprise.....;)

what is this error, pls.. it's for a site I've been working on for a
few weeks now, started getting this error just a few days ago.. (I
looked this up, saw that often this error has to do with frames, but my
site uses no frames..)

If you are not using frames then you are using iframes or popups. My
best guess would be small window popup where you are creating new
objects using constructors on the main page - or vice versa. At some
point you are reloading either window and voila.

Basically "Cannot execute freed script" means that because of a
programming mistake some object holds a valid reference to invalidated
(freed to garbage collect) object. In your case it is valid .prototype
and .constructor data in object instance referring to invalid objects
in another window which are not there any more. On a bigger scale it
is a particular case of "orphaned script" phenomenon.

I am still not 100% sure how does Gecko handles this problem. AFAICT
it somehow counts all references across all Globals so doesn't release
objects for GC until the last gone everywhere.

maya

If you are not using frames then you are using iframes or popups. My
best guess would be small window popup where you are creating new
objects using constructors on the main page - or vice versa. At some
point you are reloading either window and voila.

Basically "Cannot executefreedscript" means that because of a
programming mistake some object holds a valid reference to invalidated
(freedto garbage collect) object. In your case it is valid .prototype
and .constructor data in object instance referring to invalid objects
in another window which are not there any more. On a bigger scale it
is a particular case of "orphanedscript" phenomenon.

I am still not 100% sure how does Gecko handles this problem. AFAICT
it somehow counts all references across all Globals so doesn't release
objects for GC until the last gone everywhere.

no pop-ups... no iframes.. am stumped here..... :(
(again, this error occurs only in IE, not FF..)

thank you....