    looked this up, saw that often this error has to do with frames, but my
    site uses no frames..)

    thank you very much...

    maya, Jan 31, 2008

  2. maya

    VK Guest

    On Jan 31, 7:35 pm, maya <> wrote:
    > hi,
    >
    > I keep getting this error, "can't execute code from a freed script" when
    > I go to another page (i.e., upon UNLOAD..)
    >
    > this error occurs only in IE, not FF (what a surprise.....;)
    >
    > what is this error, pls.. it's for a site I've been working on for a
    > few weeks now, started getting this error just a few days ago.. (I
    > looked this up, saw that often this error has to do with frames, but my
    > site uses no frames..)

    If you are not using frames then you are using iframes or popups. My
    best guess would be small window popup where you are creating new
    objects using constructors on the main page - or vice versa. At some
    point you are reloading either window and voila.

    Basically "Cannot execute freed script" means that because of a
    programming mistake some object holds a valid reference to invalidated
    (freed to garbage collect) object. In your case it is valid .prototype
    and .constructor data in object instance referring to invalid objects
    in another window which are not there any more. On a bigger scale it
    is a particular case of "orphaned script" phenomenon.

    I am still not 100% sure how does Gecko handles this problem. AFAICT
    it somehow counts all references across all Globals so doesn't release
    objects for GC until the last gone everywhere.

    VK, Jan 31, 2008

  3. maya

    maya Guest

    On Jan 31, 11:56 am, VK <> wrote:
    > On Jan 31, 7:35 pm, maya <> wrote:
    >
    > > hi,

    > > I keep getting this error, "can't execute code from afreedscript" when
    > > I go to another page (i.e., upon UNLOAD..)

    > > this error occurs only in IE, not FF (what a surprise.....;)

    > > what is this error, pls..  it's for a site I've been working on for a
    > > few weeks now, started getting this error just a few days ago.. (I
    > > looked this up, saw that often this error has to do with frames, but my
    > > site uses no frames..)

    > If you are not using frames then you are using iframes or popups. My
    > best guess would be small window popup where you are creating new
    > objects using constructors on the main page - or vice versa. At some
    > point you are reloading either window and voila.
    >
    > Basically "Cannot executefreedscript" means that because of a
    > programming mistake some object holds a valid reference to invalidated
    > (freedto garbage collect) object. In your case it is valid .prototype
    > and .constructor data in object instance referring to invalid objects
    > in another window which are not there any more. On a bigger scale it
    > is a particular case of "orphanedscript" phenomenon.
    >
    > I am still not 100% sure how does Gecko handles this problem. AFAICT
    > it somehow counts all references across all Globals so doesn't release
    > objects for GC until the last gone everywhere.

    no pop-ups... no iframes.. am stumped here..... :(
    (again, this error occurs only in IE, not FF..)

    thank you....

    maya, Feb 25, 2008