can't execute @SNMPGET@ on os/x box?

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Evan Platt, Aug 17, 2006.

  1. Evan Platt

    Evan Platt Guest

    Trying to run NRG (snmp type data tool) on os/x box..

    I've googled and searched the NRG site... If I missed this, please let
    me know where to look. Installed NRG from port install. make
    rediscover and notify ran fine.

    The run-nrg that was generated with #!@PERL@ as the first line.

    That right there gives a Command not found trying to execute.

    I changed the first line to #!/opt/local/bin/perl , and now it
    executes (well, sort of) but gives:

    #-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    run-nrg 9214: started at Mon Aug 14 13:25:22 2006 (1155587122)
    can't execute @SNMPGET@ -v2c -c public 192.168.1.2 system.sysUpTime.0
    run-nrg: terminated on Mon Aug 14 13:25:22 2006 (1155587122)

    I looked through the generated run-nrg, but I'd rather fix it rather
    than band aid (i.e. go and modify run-nrg) unless that's what I need
    to do.

    I've put the script on my webserver:
    http://www.espphotography.com/run-nrg.txt

    Any help appreciated.

    Thanks.

    Evan

    Evan Platt, Aug 17, 2006

  2. Evan Platt <> writes:

    > Trying to run NRG (snmp type data tool) on os/x box..
    >
    > I've googled and searched the NRG site... If I missed this, please let
    > me know where to look. Installed NRG from port install. make
    > rediscover and notify ran fine.
    >
    > The run-nrg that was generated with #!@PERL@ as the first line.
    >
    > That right there gives a Command not found trying to execute.
    >
    > I changed the first line to #!/opt/local/bin/perl , and now it
    > executes (well, sort of) but gives:
    >
    > #-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    > run-nrg 9214: started at Mon Aug 14 13:25:22 2006 (1155587122)
    > can't execute @SNMPGET@ -v2c -c public 192.168.1.2 system.sysUpTime.0
    > run-nrg: terminated on Mon Aug 14 13:25:22 2006 (1155587122)

    Looks to me like it did *not* build fine. There are multiple places where a
    placeholder - that's the @FOO@ stuff, with leading and trailing ats - wasn't
    expanded in run-nrg. It looks like it was simply copied as-is, without any
    expansions.

    I'd ask the port maintainer and/or in a forum dedicated to NRG about why the
    placeholders in run-nrg aren't being expanded properly.

    sherm--

    Sherm Pendley, Aug 17, 2006