Can't figure out how to use wsdl2ruby.rb

Albert Chou

Maybe I'm just an idiot, as I see several people have successfully run
SOAP4R's wsdl2ruby.rb (or at least have gotten some output), but
whenever I run it, even when it appears to think about it for a few
seconds, I don't get any output.

I'm running Ruby 1.8.2 installed by the One-Click installer 182-15 on
Window XP SP 2. It doesn't contain wsdl2ruby.rb, so I downloaded SOAP4R
1.5.4 and copied its lib/wsdl/soap/wsdl2ruby.rb into my "C:\Program
Files\Ruby\lib\ruby\1.8\wsdl\soap" directory and tried running it:

"C:\Program Files\Ruby\lib\ruby\1.8\wsdl\soap\wsdl2ruby.rb" --wsdl
Salesforce_enterprise_wsdl.xml --classdef

and when that yielded nothing, I moved wsdl2ruby.rb to the current
working directory and tried again:

wsdl2ruby.rb --wsdl Salesforce_enterprise_wsdl.xml --classdef --force

again with no results.

Looking at the contents of wsdl2ruby.rb, I don't understand how it could
ever do anything (it doesn't seem to parse command line arguments or
instantiate any classes). Am I going nuts, or is there something wrong
with wsdl2ruby.rb in SOAP4R 1.5.4?

Al