Can't find a file to do a server.transfer but works on development

Guest

I moved some stuff around on our web server and am suddenly getting the
following error message:

It is an error to use a section registered as
in IIS.

How do I fix it? I have the app running on my local machine in the test
environment and as far as I can see the web server is configured the same
way. I get this when I'm trying to do a server.transfer to a subdirectory off
of my main directory.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tim McOwan

What this means is that in IIS, one of your virtual directories is not
configured as an application. Just go down the list of Virtual Directories
that you have on the server you are testing and ensure that each one of them
has the little globe icon instead of just a plain folder. This is one
possible problem, the other possible problem may be that you are trying to
do a Server.Transfer to somewhere odd (i.e. not another site on the local
machine)