Can't find par loader at C:/Perl/site/lib/PAR/Packer.pm line 101

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Oliver Soeder, Jun 20, 2007.

  1. Oliver Soeder, Jun 20, 2007

  2. Oliver Soeder

    Guest

    On Jun 20, 7:23 pm, Oliver Soeder <> wrote:
    > Hello, I want to compile Perl scripts to .exe on Windows.
    >
    > I followed the instruction on this site:
    >
    > http://www.expertsrt.com/tutorials/Matt/perlPAR.html#download
    >
    > but if I execute pp, I receive that error message:
    >
    > Can't find par loader at C:/Perl/site/lib/PAR/Packer.pm line 101

    That tutorial links to *extremely* old versions of PAR and its
    dependencies. Please try to install the current versions of PAR,
    PAR::packer and their dependencies from CPAN using the CPAN.pm shell
    (perl -MCPAN -eshell) or PPM.

    The newest PAR and its dependencies probably aren't available from the
    default ActiveState PPM repository due to some build problems on
    win32+MSVC. You can find recent binary packages of PAR and friends on
    www.bribes.org and http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms/.

    Best regards,
    Steffen

    , Jun 30, 2007