can't find python2.4 source code

Donnie Leen

I make program in c++ embedding python2.4 in windows, I need the
python24_d.lib to link with the debug version of my program, but i can't
find the source code to build python24_d.lib on the internet, I even can't
find python24_d.lib/python24_d.dll on the internet.
Does the python24 source code released?

Fredrik Lundh

Donnie Leen said:
I make program in c++ embedding python2.4 in windows, I need the
python24_d.lib to link with the debug version of my program, but i can't
find the source code to build python24_d.lib on the internet, I even can't
find python24_d.lib/python24_d.dll on the internet.
Does the python24 source code released?

http://www.python.org/2.4/

look for "Download the release" and the links to Python-2.4.tgz or
Python-2.4.tar.bz2.

</F>

Donnie Leen

I had tried already, the doesn't contain the sourcecode.
In python2.3.3, the release pakage contained sourcecode is Python-2.3.3.tar.

Nick Coghlan

Donnie said:
I make program in c++ embedding python2.4 in windows, I need the
python24_d.lib to link with the debug version of my program, but i can't
find the source code to build python24_d.lib on the internet, I even can't
find python24_d.lib/python24_d.dll on the internet.
Does the python24 source code released?

http://sourceforge.net/projects/python/

Which is linked from www.python.org

However, as Fredrik said, the source tarballs are available on the release page
for 2.4 (and yes, they do contain the source code).

Cheers,
Nick.

Steve Holden

Donnie said:
I had tried already, the doesn't contain the sourcecode.
In python2.3.3, the release pakage contained sourcecode is Python-2.3.3.tar.
Rhubarb. All you had to do was follow Fredrik's instructions.

Since they didn't appear to be explicit enough for you, search in the
page he names for the string """All others should download either
Python-2.4.tgz or Python-2.4.tar.bz2, the source archive.""". The
filenames are links to two different versions of the source.

regards
Steve

Fredrik Lundh

Donnie said:
I had tried already, the doesn't contain the sourcecode.
In python2.3.3, the release pakage contained sourcecode is Python-2.3.3.tar.

the 2.3.3 sources (http://www.python.org/2.3.3/) are shipped as
Python-2.3.3.tgz and Python-2.3.3.tar.bz2.

the 2.4 sources (http://www.python.org/2.4) are shipped as
Python-2.4.tgz and Python-2.4.tar.bz2.

use gunzip (or bunzip2) to convert the compressed archives to
a standard tarball. (if you're on windows, any recent WinZip
or WinZip-clone should be able to do that for you)

</F>