Cant find Site dll on my \bin folder

Daniel Bello Urizarri

Hello:

I have a web service that runs well on ASP 1.0. Now I'm migrating it to ASP
2.0, and now im at the point in wich the project runs under the ASP
Developer server od the visual studio 2005, and I need to build a setup
project that runs on an IIS.
I used to get the compiled dll with the code of my site from the \bin
folder, but now it is not there, and I cant find how to install the site.

What am I doing worng?

Scott Allen

Hi Daniel,

The compilation and project model in 2.0 changed drastically and is
quite a long story to tell.

In short, you can pre-compile an entire application, including aspx
files, down to assemblies. I have an article on the topic here:

Precompilation In ASP.NET 2.0
http://odetocode.com/Articles/417.aspx

Unless you precompile, everything in a web project compiles at run
time, including the .cs / .vb files associated with web forms and user
controls. This all takes place in an ASP.NET Temporary Files directory
so you won't see a .dll in the /bin folder.

Note: There is still a "Web Setup Project" template available under
"Other Project Types" -> "Setup and Deployment". I have not given this
a try.

HTH,