Can't forward requests from Apache to Tomcat: error 403 Forbidden

Oleg Konovalov

Hi,

I am trying to create 2 separate environments (dev and test) on one powerful
Unix server which has 2 network cards, 2 IP addresses, 2 server names...

Using Apache 2.0.43 and Tomcat 4.1.29/JBoss 3.0.7, mod_jk 2.0.43
on Solaris 9, Intranet environment.

Everything is fine on the first instance,
but on the second instance when I do http://server2,
Apache still can't redirect to second Tomcat/JBoss:

"Forbidden

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an
ErrorDocument to handle the request.
-
Apache/2.0.48 (Unix) mod_jk2/2.0.2 Server at mopppgctxat1.pfizer.com Port
80"

If I do http://server2:8180, getting it fine (from Tomcat/JBoss).

I made all internal ports on the second instance different from the first:
e.g. 8080->8180, 8009->8109, etc.
Even tried to change "Listen <ip2>:80" to 81, same error.

Curiously, jk2.properties is totally commented out.
I haven't compiled mod_jk, just copied the binary from the 1st instance.
Can that be a problem ?

Any help is very appreciated.

Thank you,
Oleg.
(e-mail address removed)

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=F8rgen_N=F8rgaard?=

Oleg said:
Hi,

I am trying to create 2 separate environments (dev and test) on one powerful
Unix server which has 2 network cards, 2 IP addresses, 2 server names...

Using Apache 2.0.43 and Tomcat 4.1.29/JBoss 3.0.7, mod_jk 2.0.43
on Solaris 9, Intranet environment.

Everything is fine on the first instance,
but on the second instance when I do http://server2,
Apache still can't redirect to second Tomcat/JBoss:

"Forbidden
What if you do http://server2/<root in tomat>.jsp

With correct extension if not jsp ...