Can't get CSS link styles to work in a table

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Marc, Jan 16, 2005.

  1. Marc

    Marc Guest

    I'm having touble with multiple hyperlink styles within a stylesheet.
    I guess I'd also appreciate a good reference to truly learn CSS since
    it appears that many have their own ideas as to what works properly
    and what doesn't and what good CSS code should look like. Thanks in
    advance to all of you.

    I have a page at armchairdictator.com. I'm simply trying to get the
    subject link (Cafe Lex) to have an underline and change color with a
    hover. I've tried all combinations of code. I've even pulled out the
    nesting and it doesn't work. I've tried this and tagged the subject
    header as class="menu1" but that defaulted to the default hyperlink
    styles.

    a.menu1:hover { color:#FFFF00; text-decoration:underline }
    a.menu1:visited { color:#FFFFFF; text-decoration:underline }

    Right now I've tried the following below, which works earlier in the
    CSS but doesn't work here. article_loop is the class for the table and
    the subject is the class for a variable that appears in a cell table.
    I was wondering how I might accomplish this!

    ..article_loop
    {
    background-color:{firstalt};
    margin:2px;
    padding:4px;
    }

    ..article_loop .subject
    {
    font-family: Trebuchet MS, Arial, Verdana, Helvetica,
    sans-serif;
    text-decoration:none;
    font-size: 12pt;
    font-weight: bold;
    color:{subfontcolor};
    text-decoration: none;
    }

    ..article_loop .subject a:link
    {
    font-family: Trebuchet MS, Arial, Verdana, Helvetica,
    sans-serif;
    text-decoration:none;
    font-size: 12pt;
    font-weight: bold;
    color: #336699;
    text-decoration: underline;
    }

    ..article_loop .subject a:visited
    {
    font-family: Trebuchet MS, Arial, Verdana, Helvetica,
    sans-serif;
    text-decoration:none;
    font-size: 12pt;
    font-weight: bold;
    color: #336699;
    text-decoration: underline;
    }

    ..article_loop .subject a:hover
    {
    font-family: Trebuchet MS, Arial, Verdana, Helvetica,
    sans-serif;
    text-decoration:none;
    font-size: 12pt;
    font-weight: bold;
    color: #CC0000;
    text-decoration: underline;
    }

    ..article_loop .subject a:active
    {

    Marc, Jan 16, 2005

  2. Marc

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Toby Inkster, Jan 17, 2005

  3. Marc

    Marc Guest

    On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 19:47:24 +0000, Toby Inkster
    <> wrote:

    >Marc wrote:
    >
    >> background-color:{firstalt};

    >???

    That's a variable that is inserted. If this showed up in the html I'm
    wondering if that is a dev mistake but i don't think it is the source
    of the problem though...

    Marc, Jan 18, 2005
  4. Marc

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Marc wrote:

    > That's a variable that is inserted. If this showed up in the html I'm
    > wondering if that is a dev mistake but i don't think it is the source
    > of the problem though...

    Don't be too surprused if it's the cause. Fix the problem then post a URL.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby Inkster, Jan 18, 2005