Cant get data from template column into database

Guest

I have a detail view that i use for database updates. The regular fields work
fine. I created a few drop down list templates and they dont seem to update
the database for some reason. I have tried to name the sql variables after
the dropdown list ID and it still doesnt work. Any ideas would help.

Brock Allen

If you're using ASP.NET v1.1 then you have to write the code to read the
data from the control on postback and do the DB access manually. In 2.0 this
is built in with two-way databinding using the new <%# Bind() %> syntax.

Guest

I found the issue. It is because of the "bind" selected value. My other issue
is how do you handle this when the database has a null value for that field.
There is no seleceted value. I am using 2.0