Can't get IIS Application to run as specific Identity

Joseph Geretz

I have my website set to run in a specific IIS Application. By default the
application runs as 'Network Service'. Everything is running just fine.

But I want my application to run with specific credentials. I change the
application identity to 'jgeretz'. Now, hitting any transaction handler
(aspx or asmx) results in the following error:

Service Unavailable

jgeretz is a user in the Administrators group. What privileges or attributes
to I need to assign to jgeretz so that this user account can be used as the
Identity for an IIS Application?

Thanks very much for your help!

Joseph Geretz