Can't get left menu column aligned properly

rf

dorayme

topguy said:
http://www.members.iinet.net.au/~kubik/met/index-n.html

No gap between top menu and any attempt to widen slightly screwing up
whole thing.

How can there be a gap between a menu and a human attempt to do
something which screws up something? Is this a Google translation of
something that reads sensible in your language perhaps? It has screwed
up. If not, maybe try a Google translation. <g>

I assume that the background image "back_all.gif" is carefully made as
you want and it delivers a white gap at least at the top of your
horizontal menu on some browsers? It cannot deliver the bottom tiny
white as discrete line or blue because you have over-ridden backgrounds
under the horizontal menu.

Perhaps what you are wanting is a gap between the horizontal menu and
the vertical menu? Look to putting a top margin on your #menul

(Your design is particularly obscure around the vertical block menu on
the left. It is not clear what your aesthetic aims are. Your CSS could
do with a good going over to simplify and rmove poor practices like px
and points for font sizes...)

topguy

dorayme said:
[...]

I'm trying to modify that template

http://www.members.iinet.net.au/~kubik/heaven/index.html

change into that one with small div on right for a menu and div right
fluid or static for a text.

So far it seems to be a mission impossible. Maybe because I'm trying to
copy some not well made previous css for menu etc.

Even a footer is going to the left! :-(

http://www.members.iinet.net.au/~kubik/met/index-n.html

Help! ;-) It's just for my private hobby project!

TIA