Can't get left menu column aligned properly

Discussion in 'HTML' started by topguy, Nov 14, 2008.

  1. topguy

    topguy Guest

    topguy, Nov 14, 2008

  2. topguy

    rf Guest

    "topguy" <> wrote in message
    news:491ce93a$0$7525$...
    > http://www.members.iinet.net.au/~kubik/met/index-n.html

    What is it supposed to look like?

    > No gap between top menu and any attempt to widen slightly screwing up
    > whole thing.

    That does not describe whatever problem you are having. Do you want a gap or
    do you *not* want a gap? What are you "widening"? An example of how it is
    screwed up would help.

    > Help!!! yes it does validate...

    Then why are there 8 CSS errors?

    rf, Nov 14, 2008

  3. topguy

    Els Guest

    Els, Nov 14, 2008
  4. topguy

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <491ce93a$0$7525$>,
    topguy <> wrote:

    > http://www.members.iinet.net.au/~kubik/met/index-n.html
    >
    > No gap between top menu and any attempt to widen slightly screwing up
    > whole thing.

    How can there be a gap between a menu and a human attempt to do
    something which screws up something? Is this a Google translation of
    something that reads sensible in your language perhaps? It has screwed
    up. If not, maybe try a Google translation. <g>

    I assume that the background image "back_all.gif" is carefully made as
    you want and it delivers a white gap at least at the top of your
    horizontal menu on some browsers? It cannot deliver the bottom tiny
    white as discrete line or blue because you have over-ridden backgrounds
    under the horizontal menu.

    Perhaps what you are wanting is a gap between the horizontal menu and
    the vertical menu? Look to putting a top margin on your #menul

    (Your design is particularly obscure around the vertical block menu on
    the left. It is not clear what your aesthetic aims are. Your CSS could
    do with a good going over to simplify and rmove poor practices like px
    and points for font sizes...)

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Nov 14, 2008
  5. topguy

    topguy Guest

    dorayme wrote:
    > In article
    > <491ce93a$0$7525$>,
    > topguy <> wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.members.iinet.net.au/~kubik/met/index-n.html
    >>
    >> No gap between top menu and any attempt to widen slightly screwing up
    >> whole thing.
    >>

    > How can there be a gap between a menu and a human attempt to do
    > something which screws up something? Is this a Google translation of
    > something that reads sensible in your language perhaps? It has screwed
    > up. If not, maybe try a Google translation. <g>
    >
    > I assume that the background image "back_all.gif" is carefully made as
    > you want and it delivers a white gap at least at the top of your
    > horizontal menu on some browsers? It cannot deliver the bottom tiny
    > white as discrete line or blue because you have over-ridden backgrounds
    > under the horizontal menu.
    >
    > Perhaps what you are wanting is a gap between the horizontal menu and
    > the vertical menu? Look to putting a top margin on your #menul
    >
    > (Your design is particularly obscure around the vertical block menu on
    > the left. It is not clear what your aesthetic aims are. Your CSS could
    > do with a good going over to simplify and rmove poor practices like px
    > and points for font sizes...)

    I'm trying to modify that template

    http://www.members.iinet.net.au/~kubik/heaven/index.html

    change into that one with small div on right for a menu and div right
    fluid or static for a text.

    So far it seems to be a mission impossible. Maybe because I'm trying to
    copy some not well made previous css for menu etc.

    Even a footer is going to the left! :-(

    http://www.members.iinet.net.au/~kubik/met/index-n.html

    Help! ;-) It's just for my private hobby project!

    TIA

    topguy, Nov 15, 2008
  6. topguy

    topguy Guest