Cant get perl scripts to run

Gregory Toomey

Lee said:

Dear Mr RocketTurd,

This is an Apache problem. Could be lots of things. You at least need need
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks ExecCGI

in either your apache config file (possibly /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf)
or .htaccess

You also need and the execcute bit set (chmod +x index.cgi) Another
possibilty is that the Apache config file is forcing .shtml to be html.

gtoomey

Lee

Hi,

I should say at this point that its a Windows based server - Perl is
installed (I'm told)

Does this help?

Thanks

Gregory Toomey

Lee said:
Hi,

I should say at this point that its a Windows based server - Perl is
installed (I'm told)

Does this help?

Thanks

I look like linux/unix because of the #!/usr/bin/perl

Your web server could be Apache or IIS or something else. Probably IIS. You
need to know that at least.

gtoomey

Lee

It's IIS with Perl installed on it