Cant get perl scripts to run

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Lee, Feb 25, 2004.

  1. Lee

    Lee Guest

    Lee, Feb 25, 2004

  2. Lee wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Please see http://www.rocketturd.com/index.shtml
    >
    > Any ideas?

    Dear Mr RocketTurd,

    This is an Apache problem. Could be lots of things. You at least need need
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks ExecCGI

    in either your apache config file (possibly /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf)
    or .htaccess

    You also need and the execcute bit set (chmod +x index.cgi) Another
    possibilty is that the Apache config file is forcing .shtml to be html.

    gtoomey

    Gregory Toomey, Feb 25, 2004

  3. Lee

    Lee Guest

    Hi,

    I should say at this point that its a Windows based server - Perl is
    installed (I'm told)

    Does this help?

    Thanks

    Lee, Feb 25, 2004
  4. Lee wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I should say at this point that its a Windows based server - Perl is
    > installed (I'm told)
    >
    > Does this help?
    >
    > Thanks

    I look like linux/unix because of the #!/usr/bin/perl

    Your web server could be Apache or IIS or something else. Probably IIS. You
    need to know that at least.

    gtoomey

    Gregory Toomey, Feb 25, 2004
  5. Lee

    Lee Guest

    It's IIS with Perl installed on it

    Lee, Feb 25, 2004
  6. Lee

    Matt Garrish Guest

    "Lee" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Please see http://www.rocketturd.com/index.shtml

    ..shtml for a perl script? You are aware that you can't just cram Perl code
    into an html page an expect it to be executed as a server-side include,
    right?

    Matt

    Matt Garrish, Feb 25, 2004
  7. Lee wrote:
    > Please see http://www.rocketturd.com/index.shtml
    >
    > Any ideas?

    Yep. Please show us your code (or better a self-contained excerpt of your
    code that people can actually try to run; please see the posting guidelines
    that are posted here frequently). Then maybe someone will be able to help
    you.

    jue

    Jürgen Exner, Feb 25, 2004