Can't get simple web service reference to work in Beta 2

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Michael Rodriguez, May 27, 2005.

  1. I created a basic website with two lines of code and was able to debug it
    fine.

    I created a webservice with the basic HelloWorld function and was able to
    run it and debug it fine.

    I went into my website and added a reference to the same web service,
    doesn't work! I can run either one independently, but can't call the web
    service from the web site. The message I get is:

    The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.

    Also, if I try to step into the webservice from the website, I get "Unable
    to automatically step into the server. The remote procedure could not be
    debugged. This usually indicates that debugging has not been enabled on the
    server."

    All of this is using the ASP.NET Development Server. This was working in
    the last CTP, it just stopped working in Beta 2.

    I've already tried aspnet_regiis -i, etc.

    Any ideas?

    TIA,

    Mike Rodriguez
    Michael Rodriguez, May 27, 2005

  2. I don't have any ideas, but I have observed the same problem on my machine.
    So, it is likely that it is a problem in the beta software.

    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft MVP