Can't get simple web service reference to work in Beta 2

Michael Rodriguez

I created a basic website with two lines of code and was able to debug it
fine.

I created a webservice with the basic HelloWorld function and was able to
run it and debug it fine.

I went into my website and added a reference to the same web service,
doesn't work! I can run either one independently, but can't call the web
service from the web site. The message I get is:

The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.

Also, if I try to step into the webservice from the website, I get "Unable
to automatically step into the server. The remote procedure could not be
debugged. This usually indicates that debugging has not been enabled on the
server."

All of this is using the ASP.NET Development Server. This was working in
the last CTP, it just stopped working in Beta 2.

I've already tried aspnet_regiis -i, etc.

Any ideas?

TIA,

Mike Rodriguez

Kevin Spencer

I don't have any ideas, but I have observed the same problem on my machine.
So, it is likely that it is a problem in the beta software.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP