Can't get that z-Index to behave

George Hester

I have a floating div that basically just tracks as the page is scrolled.
It's not fancy but I have it becasue well
learning... Anyway the page just holds one image. The floating div will
be off the image when the window is
scrolled to the bottom. But at the bottom of the image I have three small
gif images one on the far left the other in
the middle and one on the far right (position: absolute). It is actually a
popup window. Click the thumbnail image
and its full version appears in a new window which slides in from the left.
The navigation allows to go home, back
to the collection of thumbnails, and the other to a listing page.

Here's the problem as the floating div follows the window down it is resting
over the top of one of the image links I
have. I thought well I'll just z-Index the gifs (in their divs) higher then
the z-Index for the floating div. No dice. It is
still hiding the images. I can work around this behavior but using z-Index
seems to be what I want. Any ideas?
Thanks.

Danny@Kendal

Here's the problem as the floating div follows the window down it is resting
over the top of one of the image links I
have. I thought well I'll just z-Index the gifs (in their divs) higher then
the z-Index for the floating div.

Try using z-index in the <div> elements which contain the GIFs rather than
on the images themselves.

George Hester

Thanks yes that's wht I did. Now I see the necessity for transparent
backgounds.