Can't get the tables to fit 100% accross the screen

Richard Burgess

Hey all,

I have just thrown up a quick site for the company I work for and I cannot
get the tables to stretch right across the screen when you first view the
page. But when you do a refresh the table then fits right across the
screen, any idea's? I'm using IE6

www.chart-recorders.com is the site!

Thanx

Dylan Parry

Richard said:
I have just thrown up a quick site for the company I work for and I cannot
get the tables to stretch right across the screen when you first view the
page. But when you do a refresh the table then fits right across the
screen, any idea's? I'm using IE6

IE saves extra space for a scrollbar regardless of whether you need it or
not. Refreshing seems, in my experience, to remove this extra space, but
there is nothing else that you can do about it I'm afraid.

mark | r

its just for ie but you can put scrolling=no in the body tag!

or load the page in a frame with the borders and margins set to 0

mark

Richard

Richard Burgess wrote:>>
I have just thrown up a quick site for the company I work for and I
cannot get the tables to stretch right across the screen when you first
view the page. But when you do a refresh the table then fits right
across the screen, any idea's? I'm using IE6

Works fine for me in IE6.
Why use tables? Try using <div> instead. Much more flexible.