Can't include virtual directory

Jonathan Attree

Hi

I have just taken over management of a web site, many pages of which contain
the line:
<!--#include virtual="/admin/Includes/conn_Login.asp" -->
When I try to load this page (login.asp) I get the error:

Page cannot be displayed
Active Server Pages, ASP 0126 (0x80004005)
The include file '/admin/Includes/conn_Login.asp' was not found.
/CECO/admin/Home/login.asp, line 10

I realise that I have to create a virtual directory but am not sure how to
do this.
Full path to file is:
C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\CECO\admin\Home\login.asp

Any help much appreciated.
Thanks
Jonathan Attree

Jonathan Attree

Jon Paal said:
make sure the root path is correct.

try :

<!--#include virtual="/ceco/admin/Includes/conn_Login.asp" -->
Thanks for the reply.
Perhaps I should have said that the site is on a shared host and
<!--#include virtual="/admin/Includes/conn_Login.asp" -->
works on the shared server but not on my local machine which is what i'm
trying to acheive so that I can develop the site further.

Jonathan Attree

Anthony Jones

Jonathan Attree said:
Hi

I have just taken over management of a web site, many pages of which contain
the line:
<!--#include virtual="/admin/Includes/conn_Login.asp" -->
When I try to load this page (login.asp) I get the error:

Page cannot be displayed
Active Server Pages, ASP 0126 (0x80004005)
The include file '/admin/Includes/conn_Login.asp' was not found.
/CECO/admin/Home/login.asp, line 10

I realise that I have to create a virtual directory but am not sure how to
do this.
Full path to file is:
C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\CECO\admin\Home\login.asp

Have actually got a copy of the physical files found in the /admin folder
somewhere on you local machine or available on a network file share

Daniel Crichton

Jonathan wrote on Wed, 18 Jun 2008 11:22:05 -0700:
:

Thanks for the reply.
Perhaps I should have said that the site is on a shared host and
<!--#include virtual="/admin/Includes/conn_Login.asp" -->
works on the shared server but not on my local machine which is what
i'm trying to acheive so that I can develop the site further.
Jonathan Attree

It seems then that your problem is that on the shared host the files are in
the site "root" directory, but on your development machine you've put them
in a folder called CECO in your "root". What would likely work is for you to
change your site settings so that C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\CECO is the path to the
root of the site.

Jonathan Attree

Anthony Jones said:
Have actually got a copy of the physical files found in the /admin folder
somewhere on you local machine or available on a network file share

Thanks again.
Yes there is a a copy of the physical files in
C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\CECO\admin

The file(s) that the #include command is called from are in:
C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\CECO\Home
so I need to go up one directory and down to 'admin'. I can make it work by
changing the command to
What would likely work is for you to
change your site settings so that C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\CECO is the path to the
root of the site.

C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\CECO\index.asp is the site home page so is
C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\CECO not the root path of the site?

All I'm trying to do is avoid having to change these commands every time I
need to edit a page ( and then forgetting to change them back again!)

Jonathan Attree