Can't insert dynamic link using jstl

Dancing Fingers

I'm try to create a dynamic link using JSTL (1.1 I think) to another
page. It didn't work so I wrote a test section and to my surprise
the browser didn't see any link AT ALL -- everything else worked
fine. Here's my test.

<!-- add the table column headings -->
<c:forEach var="columnName" items="${name.columnNames}">
<c:choose>
<c:when test="${columnName == 'uname'}">
</c:when>
<c:eek:therwise>
</c:eek:therwise>
</c:choose>

</c:forEach>
Could some point me in the correct direction?
Thanks.
Chris