Can't install//use the scrubyt gem? LoadError: no such file to load-- parse_tree_reloaded. What did

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by kazaam, Aug 29, 2007.

  1. kazaam

    kazaam Guest

    Hi,
    someone here told me to try scubyt so I tried to install it with:
    sudo gem install mechanize parsetree ruby2ruby hpricot scrubyt
    But I still can't use it:

    irb(main):001:0> require 'rubygems'
    => true
    irb(main):002:0> require 'scrubyt'
    LoadError: no such file to load -- parse_tree_reloaded
    from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in `gem_original_require'
    from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in `require'
    from /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/scrubyt-0.3.0/lib/scrubyt.rb:9
    from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:33:in `gem_original_require'
    from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:33:in `require'
    from (irb):2
    irb(main):003:0> exit

    But: gem list --local shows it is definitly installed!!

    *** LOCAL GEMS ***

    actionmailer (1.3.3)
    Service layer for easy email delivery and testing.

    actionpack (1.13.3)
    Web-flow and rendering framework putting the VC in MVC.

    actionwebservice (1.2.3)
    Web service support for Action Pack.

    activerecord (1.15.3)
    Implements the ActiveRecord pattern for ORM.

    activesupport (1.4.2)
    Support and utility classes used by the Rails framework.

    builder (2.1.2)
    Builders for MarkUp.

    feedtools (0.2.26)
    Parsing, generation, and caching system for xml news feeds.

    hoe (1.3.0, 1.2.0)
    Hoe is a way to write Rakefiles much easier and cleaner.

    hpricot (0.6, 0.5)
    a swift, liberal HTML parser with a fantastic library

    mechanize (0.6.10, 0.6.8)
    Mechanize provides automated web-browsing

    net-ping (1.2.1)
    A ping interface for Ruby.

    ParseTree (2.0.1)
    ParseTree is a C extension (using RubyInline) that extracts the
    parse tree for an entire class or a specific method and returns it
    as a s-expression (aka sexp) using ruby's arrays, strings, symbols,
    and integers.

    rails (1.2.3)
    Web-application framework with template engine, control-flow layer,
    and ORM.

    rake (0.7.3)
    Ruby based make-like utility.

    ruby2ruby (1.1.7)
    ruby2ruby provides a means of generating pure ruby code easily from
    ParseTree's Sexps.

    rubyforge (0.4.4, 0.4.1)
    A script which automates a limited set of rubyforge operations.

    RubyInline (3.6.4)
    Ruby Inline is an analog to Perl's Inline::C. Out of the box, it
    allows you to embed C/++ external module code in your ruby script
    directly.

    scrubyt (0.3.0)
    A powerful Web-scraping framework

    sources (0.0.1)
    This package provides download sources for remote gem installation

    uuidtools (1.0.1)
    Generation of UUIDs.

    wxruby2-preview (0.0.40)
    Ruby interface to the wxWidgets GUI library

    Ruby version is 1.8.5 (2006-08-25) [i486-linux]
    and gem's 0.9.0. Any ideo how to solve this problem?

    --
    kazaam <>
    kazaam, Aug 29, 2007

  2. kazaam

    kazaam Guest

    Re: Can't install//use the scrubyt gem? LoadError: no such file toload -- parse_tree_reloaded. What did I wrong with installing this gem?

    the solution was not to install parsetree but parstreereloaded :)

    --
    kazaam <>
    kazaam, Aug 29, 2007