Can't invoke applet methods

besbello

Hi all,
I have a strange problem. I have a page with an applet, and I invoke
several applet methods through javascript. When I access web
application using hostname (i.e: http://hostname:8080/url), and I surf
to that page, everything works fine, I can invoke applet methods and it
runs perfectly, bun when I use ip instead of hostname to access web
application (i.e: http://1.1.3.78:8080/url) and I go to that page, I
get an exception when I try to invoke applet methods. I don't know the
reason, the rest of the web application works fine no matter I use
hostname or ip. I'm using Tomcat.
Have anybody an idea? Thanks a lot

Andrew Thompson

besbello said:
Hi all,
I have a strange problem.

...applet, problem, strange? LOL!
...I have a page with an applet, and I invoke
several applet methods through javascript. When I access web
application using hostname (i.e: http://hostname:8080/url), and I surf
to that page, everything works fine, I can invoke applet methods and it
runs perfectly, bun when I use ip instead of hostname to access web
application (i.e: http://1.1.3.78:8080/url) and I go to that page, I
get an exception

If it's a NotEnoughCatsException, I recommend you add
at least three cats (or 5 kittens) to the mix.

If it is some other exception, I suggest you state it exactly.
..when I try to invoke applet methods. I don't know the
reason, the rest of the web application works fine no matter I use
hostname or ip. I'm using Tomcat.
Have anybody an idea?

What does the applet return for getDocumentBase()/getCodeBase()
and JS return for ..where it thinks it is. If they have different
ideas
about where they are, that might be resulting in a 'cross-domain'
security clamp down.

Andrew T.

besbello

Exception is 'TypeError: Object doesn't support this property or
method'

In both cases (using ip and using hostname), both applet and js know
they are in the same place. Applet getCodeBase() returns the same
host/ip as Javascript document.URL

Andrew Thompson ha escrito:

besbello

Andrew Thompson ha escrito:

besbello said:
Exception is TypeError: Object doesn't support this property or
method

So I am guessing that since the applet methods
never get invoked, there is no Java exception.

Could you confirm that the Java console is empty?
In both cases (using ip and using hostname), both applet and js know
they are in the same place. Applet getCodeBase() returns the same
host/ip as Javascript document.URL

....hmm. I'm a little stumped.

Is there is a publicly available version of this applet
that we can visit?

( Noticed your other post re the email - since you
apparently got my message, it's cool. )

Andrew T.