can't load a dll in python 2.5

dwmaillist

Hello,

I am on WindowsXP. I have a dll that I can load in python 2.3 but
when trying to load it into python 2.5 it complains that there is
nothing by that name. Is there some aspect of the dll loading
mechanism between python 2.3 and 2.5 that has changed preventing me
from loading the dll in 2.5? Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Daniel

Steven Bethard

I am on WindowsXP. I have a dll that I can load in python 2.3 but
when trying to load it into python 2.5 it complains that there is
nothing by that name. Is there some aspect of the dll loading
mechanism between python 2.3 and 2.5 that has changed preventing me
from loading the dll in 2.5? Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Don't know if this is your problem, but as of Python 2.5, ".dll is no
longer supported as a filename extension for extension modules. .pyd is
now the only filename extension that will be searched for". (That's the
last line on http://docs.python.org/whatsnew/ports.html)

HTH,

STeVe

Gabriel Genellina

En Fri, 16 Feb 2007 18:11:53 -0300, Steven Bethard
(e-mail address removed) wrote:

Don't know if this is your problem, but as of Python 2.5, ".dll is no
longer supported as a filename extension for extension modules. .pyd is
now the only filename extension that will be searched for". (That's the
last line on http://docs.python.org/whatsnew/ports.html)

And remember that extensions must be recompiled for the specific Python
version in use (up to the second digit). That is, if you have an extension
for Python 2.3, it won't work for 2.5.