    from loading the dll in 2.5? Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

    Daniel
    , Feb 16, 2007

  2. wrote:
    > I am on WindowsXP. I have a dll that I can load in python 2.3 but
    > when trying to load it into python 2.5 it complains that there is
    > nothing by that name. Is there some aspect of the dll loading
    > mechanism between python 2.3 and 2.5 that has changed preventing me
    > from loading the dll in 2.5? Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

    Don't know if this is your problem, but as of Python 2.5, ".dll is no
    longer supported as a filename extension for extension modules. .pyd is
    now the only filename extension that will be searched for". (That's the
    last line on http://docs.python.org/whatsnew/ports.html)

    HTH,

    STeVe
    Steven Bethard, Feb 16, 2007

  3. En Fri, 16 Feb 2007 18:11:53 -0300, Steven Bethard
    <> escribió:

    > wrote:

    >> I am on WindowsXP. I have a dll that I can load in python 2.3 but
    >> when trying to load it into python 2.5 it complains that there is
    >> nothing by that name. Is there some aspect of the dll loading
    >> mechanism between python 2.3 and 2.5 that has changed preventing me
    >> from loading the dll in 2.5? Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

    > Don't know if this is your problem, but as of Python 2.5, ".dll is no
    > longer supported as a filename extension for extension modules. .pyd is
    > now the only filename extension that will be searched for". (That's the
    > last line on http://docs.python.org/whatsnew/ports.html)

    And remember that extensions must be recompiled for the specific Python
    version in use (up to the second digit). That is, if you have an extension
    for Python 2.3, it won't work for 2.5.

    --
    Gabriel Genellina
    Gabriel Genellina, Feb 16, 2007