'Can't load Microsoft.Web.Preview. The system can't find the file specified'.

Andy B

I am using an accordion control on a page that seems to work just fine on my
local computer (IIS not installed and it can't be either). When I upload to
the live server, I get a few errors, but the main one is "parse error:
'Can't load Microsoft.Web.Preview. The system can't load the file
specified'. From a few google searches, it appears that the accordion
control uses Microsoft.Web.Preview which also comes in the asp.net futures
July 2007 release. I have Visual Studio 2008 SP1 and am not for sure if I
should be installing asp.net futures July 2007 in it. What should I do here?
Is there a newer version of futures? or can I somehow get the
Microsoft.Web.Preview file somewhere else?

Let me know what to do here...tnx

ThatsIT.net.au

You should have the Microsoft.Web.Preview DLL in your bin folder, loading
futures will do no harm to visual studio

Diane Pepetone

I'm getting a similar error message trying to upgrade some code created with
..NET 2.0 and have figured out that the version of Microsoft.Web.Preview dll
in my bin folder is dependent on a pre-.NET 3.5 version of
System.Web.Extensions and that's why it's failing to load. But I have not
been able to find a later (.NET 3.5 compatible) version of
Microsoft.Web.Preview dll. So anyone reading this who can point us in the
right direction, please do. Thanks, Diane