Can't load type of one page - inherits statement correct!

Randal Chapman

I just started getting a strange error in my asp.net project. One page
is returning the parser error of cannot load type. I have checked and
re-checked the inherits statement = namespace.class name and
everything is fine. Other pages with code behind work fine, and are in
the same dll so I know it's using the correct dll. I have deleted and
rebuilt the dll, all to no avail.

Any ideas?

_Randal

Guest

Randel,
From else where in your application can you create a new namespace.class
where as namespace.class is whatever value you have in

<%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" Codebehind="something.vb"
Inherits="namespace.class" %>

Does Intellisense recognize namespace.class?

Also don't forget that VS sometime renames classes with an underscore (i.e.
namespace._class)

Randal Chapman

Todd Seiber said:
Randel,
From else where in your application can you create a new namespace.class
where as namespace.class is whatever value you have in

<%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" Codebehind="something.vb"
Inherits="namespace.class" %>

Does Intellisense recognize namespace.class?

Also don't forget that VS sometime renames classes with an underscore (i.e.
namespace._class)

The inherits statement is correct. I don't let VB create class names
for me, we have our own naming conventions. Also, the rest of the
application works - just this one page stopped working. It's driving
me nuts!

_Randal