    Does anyone know where B::SPECIAL is defined?

    TIA,

    kj

    kj, Oct 19, 2007

  2. kj

    Mintcake Guest

    On Oct 20, 5:53 am, kj <> wrote:
    > When I try to use B::Lint I get the error
    >
    > Can't locate object method "PV" via package "B::SPECIAL""
    >
    > Does anyone know where B::SPECIAL is defined?
    >
    > TIA,
    >
    > kj
    > --
    > NOTE: In my address everything before the first period is backwards;
    > and the last period, and everything after it, should be discarded.

    The B-Specials: Armed, part-time section of the Royal Ulster
    Constabulary. The B-Specials helped to police Northern Ireland between
    their formation in 1920 to their abolition in 1969. They were replaced
    by the Ulster Defence Regiment (UDR) in 1970.

    I trust this is the information you require. If not then your
    original question was not specific enough.

    Mintcake, Oct 20, 2007

  3. kj

    Ben Morrow Guest

    Quoth kj <>:

    > When I try to use B::Lint I get the error
    >
    > Can't locate object method "PV" via package "B::SPECIAL""
    >
    > Does anyone know where B::SPECIAL is defined?

    It's defined, such as it is, in ext/B/B.{pm,xs} in the perl
    distribution. An object of class B::SPECIAL represents one of the magic
    internal Perl objects, such as the 'undef' value. It doesn't define a PV
    method.

    Which version of Perl, and which version of B::Lint, are you using?
    There have been several updates to B::Lint recently: it might be worth
    upgrading. If that doesn't help, you've found a bug; reduce it to a
    *minimal* testcase and report it at rt.cpan.org.

    Ben

    Ben Morrow, Oct 20, 2007
  4. kj

    kj Guest

    In <> Ben Morrow <> writes:

    >There have been several updates to B::Lint recently: it might be worth
    >upgrading.

    Thanks, that was the problem.

    kj

    kj, Oct 20, 2007