    Copyright 1987-2003, Larry Wall

    Binary build 809 provided by ActiveState Corp. http://www.ActiveState.com
    ActiveState is a division of Sophos.
    Built Feb 3 2004 00:28:51

    Regards,

    -shahriar
    Shahriar, Jun 18, 2004

  2. Shahriar

    Sisyphus Guest

    Shahriar wrote:
    > Hi Folks,
    >
    > I just installed *FILE-LIST* from ASP. I am running ASP (see below for
    > version information)
    > does any one know about this error:
    >
    > This is perl, v5.8.3 built for MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
    > (with 8 registered patches, see perl -V for more detail)
    >
    > Copyright 1987-2003, Larry Wall
    >
    > Binary build 809 provided by ActiveState Corp. http://www.ActiveState.com
    > ActiveState is a division of Sophos.
    > Built Feb 3 2004 00:28:51
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > -shahriar

    The version of ActiveState perl that you're running probably has nothing
    to do with the error you're getting.
    What are you doing that's producing the error (ie what code are you
    running) ?

    Cheers,
    Rob

    Sisyphus, Jun 18, 2004

  3. Shahriar <> wrote:

    > Hi Folks,
    >
    > I just installed *FILE-LIST* from ASP. I am running ASP (see below
    > for version information)
    > does any one know about this error:

    What error? Ah, ok, I see it now -- in the Subject header.

    As Rob/Sisyphus asked, what code are you running? Posting a short,
    self-contained program that demonstrates the problem will allow
    others to help you.

    I'm not sure why you're using File::List, anyway. From looking at
    http://search.cpan.org/~dopacki/File-List-0.3.1/ , it appears that it
    doesn't do anything that can't easily be handled by File::Find -- and
    File::Find is a standard module.

    > This is perl, v5.8.3 built for MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
    > (with 8 registered patches, see perl -V for more detail)
    >
    > Copyright 1987-2003, Larry Wall
    >
    > Binary build 809 provided by ActiveState Corp.
    > http://www.ActiveState.com ActiveState is a division of Sophos.
    > Built Feb 3 2004 00:28:51

    As Sisyphus said, the perl version shouldn't matter.
    David K. Wall, Jun 18, 2004
  4. Shahriar

    SM Guest

    The piece of code that generates this is:

    use File::List;
    my $p = "c:/tools/pcb/bin";
    my $search = new File::List($p);
    my @S = @{ $search->find("extracta?(\.exe)?\$") };
    foreach $s ( @S )
    {
    print "$s \n";
    }

    Thansk you for the hint. I will try to use File::Find, if it works out
    I will change the code

    Regards,

    -shahriar

    SM, Jun 19, 2004